Saturday, March 28, 2015

Making the World a Better Place

We may not all achieve success
That brings us wealth and fame;
We may not set the world afire
Nor win world acclaim.

We may not blaze a glorious trail
That will live in history,
Nor perform great deeds of daring
For sake of chivalry.

But each of us can surely try
To win what hearts we may,
And make this world a better place
Because we passed this way.


I did not write this poem and I was unable to find out the author's name.  The poem was included in a scrapbook given to me by my sister Rande when I was twelve years old.  To me, this is what life is all about.  Making the world a better place.  Not only for ourselves and those we love, but also for those who come after us.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. Who is in the red and white dress? Because some how ... I'm thinking it's me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, not you. This picture was taken in 1981. The baby is Theresa. I love this picture though because everybody looks like they are enjoying themselves.

      Delete